Southington Carpenter Ant Control
PROUDLY SERVING CENTRAL CONNECTICUT, INCLUDING HARTFORD, LITCHFIELD, AND NEW HAVEN COUNTIES
Carpenter ants are no ordinary type of ant. They get their name from their ability to get into your wood. Moreover, these types of ants tend to be located in cool, wet climates like in central Connecticut. If your home has been infested, our Southington carpenter ant control pros are ready to do a thorough job at removal.
3 Risks of a Carpenter Ant Infestation
Here are three key risks associated with having carpenter ants in your home:
- Property Damage: Unlike termites that eat wood, carpenter ants excavate galleries within it to build their nests. Over time, this can weaken the structural integrity of wooden components such as beams, walls, and furniture. This can lead to costly repairs and compromise the safety of your home.
- Food Contamination: Carpenter ants, like other ants, are attracted to food sources in your home. They can contaminate your food by crawling over it and leaving behind bacteria and other pathogens. This can pose health risks if anyone eats the contaminated food.
- Bites: While carpenter ants do not typically bite humans, they can do so if they feel threatened or cornered. Although their bites are not usually as painful or dangerous as those from other insects, like bees or wasps, they can still cause discomfort, swelling, and allergic reactions.
Being aware of these risks and taking proactive steps to address the infestation can help protect your property, health, and overall well-being.
4 Tips for Preventing Carpenter Ants
There are several effective means of prevention that you can employ.
Some prominent tools of prevention are these:
- Use a dehumidifier: Carpenter ants are attracted to moisture, so reducing humidity levels in your home can deter them. Focus on areas prone to dampness, such as basements, crawl spaces, and bathrooms. Maintaining optimal humidity levels creates an environment less conducive to carpenter ant activity.
- Trim tree branches and shrubs: Carpenter ants often enter homes by accessing branches or shrubs that touch the exterior walls. Regularly trim tree branches and shrubs to prevent this, keeping them at least a few feet away from your home. This reduces the chances of carpenter ants using these natural pathways to gain entry into your property.
- Caulking the cracks: Sealing cracks and gaps in your home's foundation, walls, windows, and doors with caulking is an effective way to prevent carpenter ants from entering. These tiny openings serve as entry points for the ants, so sealing them off denies them access. Regularly inspect your home for any visible cracks or gaps and promptly fill them in.
- Store wood away from the house: Carpenter ants are drawn to wood, so it's important to keep firewood, lumber, and other wooden materials stored away from your home. When storing wood, ensure it is elevated off the ground and kept in a dry area.
Remember to regularly inspect and maintain your property, addressing any issues promptly. If you suspect you have an infestation, don’t waste time having us take a look.
GIVING YOU PEACE OF MIND
As a homeowner, you don’t need to be concerned over what’s going on with the ants buried away in the back of your mind. A professional and thorough removal can set your mind at ease.
As a locally owned and operated business, Total Pest Control takes great pride in the quality of our work, the efficiency with which we do it, and the affordability of our pricing. We’re proud of the good reputation we’ve earned with customers and are determined to deliver you that same type of service.
Call our Southington carpenter ant control team today at (860) 385-8485.
Get a pest professional out fast with our same-day appointments.
You can be confident you'll be happy when our team drives away.
We make it easy for you to have confidence in the team you call.
Talk to our pest control team today during a free estimate.
At Total Pest Control, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our customers have to say about working with us.
“Have issue with pantry moths, Peter reviewed with us what to do and kept on looking since we had already put all the food in plastic containers and found in the closet the holes used to adjust the shelf height is where the moths were nesting. I never thoug”- Steve P.
“Mark and his team of technicians are professional, courteous and always on time. We have been customers for over 2 years with quarterly services and are very satisfied. I’m happy to support this veteran-owned business.”- Patricia V.
“Bryan at Total Pest Control is a total professional! Thank you to Bryan who takes time to explain what he is doing and for being so thorough. The service from Total Pest Control in general has been excellent.”- Erin S.
“Ellery is awesome. Always on time and does an amazing job. He is extremely knowledgeable and is a pleasure to work with.”- Christine C.
“I found this company to be very good and I'm impressed with the professionalism of the exterminator. He answered all my questions about the work and all the extermination needs with me. I would highly recommend them.”- Terry Y.
“We called Mark of Total Pest Control in Southington, CT to inspect and then exterminate around our property. He was professional and a pleasure to work with, highly recommend his services!”- Jennifer L.
“These guys are the absolute best. I had a large yellow jacket hive in my basement…the gentleman suited up, blocked the doors and went to battle with a shop vac. Totally took care of everything and left the place clean. What a huge relief!”- Donald C.
“We have been extremely pleased with Total Pest Control. The technician always lets us know when he arrives and also notifies us when he leaves. The technician is knowledgeable and extremely careful with his chemicals.”- Adam N.
A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.